Stress ,Exercise Management and Brain health!
As a Spencer Institute Certified Stress Management Coach, I will devise a plan to help you minimize your stress as it pertains to your fitness regmine, to help you mazimize your results!I teach you skills and practices such as improved breathing techniques, relaxation, meditation, and visualization to help increase body awareness and give back control and understanding of physiological functions. I will guide you to increased happiness and contentment using these skills.
Here are a few facts about the current state of stress:
- 75% of the general population experiences at least “some stress” every two weeks (National Health Interview Survey).
- Half of those experience moderate or high levels of stress during the same two-week period.
- Millions of Americans suffer from unhealthy levels of stress at work. (A study several years ago estimated the number to be 11 million–given events since that time, this number has certainly more than tripled–studies in Sweden, Canada, and other Westernized countries show similar trends.)
- Worker’s compensation claims for “mental stress” in California rose 200-700% in the 1980s (whereas all other causes remained stable or declined!)
- Stress contributes to heart disease, high blood pressure, strokes, and other illnesses in many individuals.
- Stress also affects the immune system, which protects us from many serious diseases.
- Tranquilizers, antidepressants, and anti-anxiety medications account for one fourth of all prescriptions written in the U.S. each year.
- Stress also contributes to the development of alcoholism, obesity, suicide, drug addiction, cigarette addiction, and other harmful behaviors.
- The U.S. Public Health Service has made reducing stress by the year 2000 one of its major health promotion goals.
- 54 percent of Americans are concerned about the level of stress in their everyday lives.
- 62 percent of Americans say work has a significant impact on stress levels.
- 73 percent of Americans name money as the number one factor that affects their stress level.
- Increasing numbers of children, teenagers and college students report feeling under stress.
Learn how the righ specific nutrient dense diet, the proper exercise program and the other activities can enhance brain heallth! Learn about how specific supplements can help optimize brain health!