Using a heart rate monitor is the most objective way to listen to your heart and track your progress, and it can help you avoid heart disease.
Whether you want to train to improve your performance or simply want to lead a healthier lifestyle, the most effective way to do both is to listen to your body. Of course, if you have no way of understanding it, you have no way of knowing what it’s telling you. That’s why Polar heart rate and activity monitors are so essential – they help you listen and understand your body more effectively.
But how do they work? Well, as you get fitter by training with your heart rate monitor, your heart is able to pump more blood with every beat. The upshot of this is that your heart doesn’t have to beat as often to get the required oxygen to your muscles, which in turn decreases your resting and exercise heart rate. As a result of training, your muscles utilize the oxygen better, meaning you can put more effort in and still maintain the same heart rate.
On the other hand, with activity monitoring you can measure your health beneficial movement and track your activity level to accurately record information about your active time, intensity and calorie expenditure.
When all of these things happen, Polar products make sense of it all so that you are in tune with your body to act on what its really telling you.
And that leads to a healthier, fitter you.
Here are some important questions that you must answer about the training results of your current fitness clients and performance athletes:
– Do you objectively know how hard they are actually working?
– Can you truly determine accurate rest/recovery and work periods by mere observation?
– Are you willing to merely accept “better than average” results?
– Do you know what they’re really doing when they aren’t with you?
– Are you maximizing their metabolic conditioning and energy pathway utilization?
– Can you objectively identify whether they are working aerobically or anaerobically?
Now you can observe how hard your clients and athletes are working. You will be able to determine the precise amount of rest/recovery time between sets and workouts. You will actually be able to determine if they did exactly what you told them to do. And you will be able to monitor and evaluate their progress every step of the way.
With only this program and your Polar Heart Rate Monitor, you can now ensure your clients and athletes:
– Train at the right intensity all the time, every day
– Know and improve VO2max in as little as 4-6 weeks
– Automatically record each workout session’s:
– Total duration in hours, minutes, and seconds
– Intensity as a % of maximum heart rate
– Calories burned
– Maximum, minimum, and average heart rate
– Are held accountable for their own efforts
– Optimize fat burning
– Increase their lactate threshold and performance.
Information Courtesy of NESTA.
If you want to train with PRECISION, contact Phil Nicolaou a Philadelphia Certified Personal Trainer and NESTA Certified Heart Rate Performance Specialist. Learn how a Polar heart monitor can help you get results fast.