How to lose weight fast in Philadelphia! With the help of Dr. Phil Nicolaou an in home personal trainer and weight loss coach!
The main reason that you’re not happy with your weight is because of what you eat. So how do you lose weight in Philadelphia?
It’s hardly your fault.
Have you ever stopped to notice how many times you’re bombarded by food marketing each day?
Ads come at you from magazine pages, T.V. commercials, on websites and billboards, each boasting of cheap, convenient and tasty ways to cure your hunger.
The question “What’s for dinner?” has never been more complex than now.
Extensive menu options and large entrees have distorted your concept of a proper meal, and before you know it you’ve fallen into the trap of the chain restaurant, the drive thru, and the take-out line.
But wait – truly healthy eating is simple. It is not overly complicated to lose weight fast in Philadelphia. In fact 1-3 pounds of fat per week is backed by science and that a good start!
First you need to block out the blizzard of food marketing around you.
Remember that advertisers want your money, and they don’t stop to consider if the food they promote will expand your waist – that’s your job.
It’s safe to say that, with few exceptions, any food that you see marketed should be avoided. When was the last time you saw an ad for grilled white fish, steamed broccoli and a side of brown rice?
So what does truly healthy eating look like?
A healthy meal contains lean protein, fresh vegetables and a modest serving of whole grains.
Just as importantly, a healthy meal does NOT contain:
• Refined sugar / corn syrup
• Fried / fatty food
• Full fat dairy food
• Processed food with chemical additives
Healthy Breakfast to help lose weight fast in Philadelphia
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What you decide to eat when you first wake up will set the tone for the rest of your meals that day. Try these healthy options:
• Scrambled egg whites, sliced tomato and whole grain toast
• Whole grain oatmeal, sliced fruit and a protein shake
• Homemade breakfast sandwich: Multi-grain English muffin with lean turkey slices and egg
Healthy Lunch to help lose weight fast in Philadelphia
It is important to plan your lunch ahead of time in order to avoid turning to a fast food joint or vending machine. Pack your lunch the night before and carry it with you. Try these healthy options:
• Dark baby greens topped with chopped chicken breast and diced tomatoes
• Albacore tuna (packed in water), mixed with finely chopped cucumber over brown rice
• Homemade sandwich: Sprouted grain bread with lean turkey slices, lettuce, tomato and mustard
Healthy Dinner to help lose weight fast in Philadelphia.
Dinner is the meal where most people splurge and eat far more calories than they should. Eating at home is the first step in reducing your dinnertime calories. Try these healthy options:
• Grilled white fish, sautéed spinach and whole wheat couscous
• Baked chicken breast, steamed broccoli and brown rice
• Try the recipe for Rosemary Lamb Chops below
While healthy eating is a huge factor in achieving your ideal weight, exercise is the other half of the equation.
Your exercise routine should be challenging and should be done on a regular basis.
I know that you have more than enough in your life to think about without having to plan your own exercise routine. Leave that job to me—call or email today to get started on a personalized fitness program that will leave your body no choice but to shed those unwanted pounds.
Rosemary Lamb Chops
This recipe pulls tantalizing flavor from rosemary, garlic and pepper. Broiling is a healthy cooking method since it doesn’t require that you add fat. Remember to trim any visible fat from the meat before cooking.
Here’s what you need…
• 8 (4oz) loin lamb chops, trimmed of fat
• 1/2 cup dry red wine
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• Heat broiler. Generously pierce lamb chops with fork. Place in shallow dish; add wine. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to marinate.
• In a small bowl combine Worcestershire sauce, rosemary and garlic; mix well. Set aside.
• Remove lamb from marinade; discard marinade. Place lamb on broiler pan. Spoon half of sauce mixture evenly over chops; sprinkle generously with pepper. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned.
• Turn chops. Spoon remaining sauce over lamb; sprinkle with pepper. Cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes or to desired doneness. Sprinkle lamb with salt.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 190 calories, 9g fat, 1g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, and 26g protein.
how to lose weight